One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
· Create, update and progress baseline schedule plans and recording of progress, resource loading and expenditure.
· Calculate Earned Value using SPI and CPI.
· Preparing planning procedures in compliance with the Project Programming Procedure and roll-out to consultants.
· Arranging planning workshops to roll-out the agree work breakdown structures and working methods to the various planning contributors.
· Assist in future planning tool specification and roll-out, training and mentoring.
· Work within multidisciplinary project teams providing planning support to both the project team and clients.
Liaise with the project's work stream managers to develop the plan/s at work stream level then to integrate the discrete plans into a programme, being aware of interface activities as appropriate
· A degree in a construction or engineering subject.
· Working towards a relevant professional qualification.
· Demonstrable planning experience in construction or an engineering based project environment over both the design and implementation phases.
· Experience in using the Primavera planning tool and other project planning management software.
· Able to develop a programme of work from discussion with the project team, from a project scope of work and scheme drawings.
· An understanding of risk management techniques and the interpretation and representation of risk in programmes.
· Experience of working in large teams and for taking responsibility for assistant planners output.
· Experience on construction or engineering projects in a planning or project management environment.