Salary: competitive basic + car allowance + bonus + benefits (28 days holiday + bank holiday, pension, annual bonus)
Location: Home based - North East
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of GBP100 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,253 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2016).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Royal London Protection has recently gone through a number of positive changes, taking the best of Bright Grey and Scottish Provident to create Royal London Protection. Our new Proposition has already seen new business in our Life and Pensions business grow by over 40% (2015). Royal London's Protection business has also been awarded 5 stars for Excellent Service in the recent Financial Advisor Life & Pensions awards.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join the Intermediary division in the North East.
Working across the entire Protection Insurance proposition this home based role will involve building and maintaining key relationships with a panel of intermediary clients across the North East area delivering agreed revenue targets.
We are interested in speaking to candidates who have experience within a similar field based intermediary sales role within protection insurance, or candidates currently working within the same industry but in an account management/internal sales role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver sales presentations to Intermediaries promoting new and existing sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with panel Intermediaries
- Work with Intermediaries to ensure an excellent and professional service is provided
- Engage, align and work with appropriate colleagues and resources to maximise profitable new business production and to protect existing business
- Ensuring that you have a clear and defined development plan that you continually review and work towards
- Maintain accurate panel information and deliver all other recording minimum standards on NBIS in accordance with the requirements of the Sales Process
- Maintain industry knowledge and continued professional development
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience within a similar field sales intermediary sales role within Financial Services, ideally from within Protection Insurance.
- Similar experience within a telephony account management role within intermediary sales
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- RO1 and RO5 qualifications desirable
- FPC 1, 2, 3 or equivalent desirable
- Strong business acumen and influencing skills
- Demonstrate track record within developing and maintaining relationships with brokers/intermediaries/clients
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below)