We are actively looking to recruit a HR Assistant to join our fast-paced team in Skipton. The HR function at JNB is evolving rapidly due to the speed of growth the company is currently enjoying.
The key responsibilities may include but is not limited to:
* Dealing with and responding to day to day queries from employees and line managers
* Processing of starters, leavers and change to terms for payroll
* Managing car benefit changes
* Dealing with driving offences and fines
* Managing the absence trigger process and Return to Works
* Assisting with the ongoing development of Company policies and procedures
* Providing advice and guidance to employees on HR related matters
* to support with the development of the team, including mentoring
* Contributing to HR related projects including conducting research and preparing proposals
* Producing documentation in preparation for investigations/disciplinaries
* Processing maternity/paternity leave requests
* Delivering the Company induction
* Supporting the HR Advisors in preparing for drug and alcohol tests
* Quality checking work completed by the HR Administrator and Placement Student
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work well under pressure.
The successful candidate would ideally have some of the following:
- Previous experience working as a HR Administrator or HR Assistant
- Good understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Effective communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Flexible approach to work and able to travel to other offices/sites occasionally
You will also need to have strong IT skills, as you will be required to operate MS Office programs such as Word and Excel.
If you are hard-working and a good team player with a positive attitude, we would love to hear from you.
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1400 people. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over GBP1m spent on training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley's work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.