Junior Project Planner
Junior Project Planner - Permanent
Mansfield - Competitive Salary with Benefits.
Junior Project Planner required for a leading off-site building solution provider, who offer a wide range of permanent buildings for sectors such as education, residential, hotel and student accommodation.
Some of the main duties of the Junior Project Planner will include:
- Maintain and update programmes to reflect actual and forecast positions with progress/
- Develop the Project/Programme using network and critical path analysis techniques. Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development.
- Interface with design, manufacturing and construction delivery teams and other third parties in planning and project controls issues.
- Schedule resource and cost information into programmes to enable earned value management.
- Participate in contract reviews with regards to programme management and planning.
- Working with the department heads and construction delivery teams to find ways to improve project programmes.
- Baseline and analyse ongoing project progress and performance, assessing time related risks and the impact to programme.
- Liaising with customers, internal department heads, and supply chain to organise, integrate and schedule phases of the construction plan.
- Manage and review project plans including resource, histograms, construction schedules and manufacturing plans.
- Keeping the customer's team fully appraised of progress against programme.
- Presenting information for internal meetings on the project, including baseline programmes
- A good understanding of the construction industry, including design, procurement, production and commissioning processes.
- Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project/Asta
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong IT skills - must have experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
- A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills.
This is a great opportunity for a planner ready to kick start their career, please call Lauren to learn more.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.