Digital Wealth Delivery Manager
At Schroders, asset management is our business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value.
We have responsibility for GBP418.2 billion (???476.3 billion/US$543.3 billion) on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of asset classes across equities, Fixed Income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We employ over 4100 talented people worldwide operating from 41 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Source: Schroders, all data as at 30 June 2017.
Global Technology, working within the Wealth division at Schroders, requires a delivery manager to lead an ambitious digital programme, working closely with senior Business and technology stakeholders and coordinating multiple agile delivery teams. Digital Wealth is a long-term programme transforming how Schroders services its clients. It is providing employees with a complete client view, timely data and the ability to surface the information they need to manage day-to-day relationships. Underpinned by service design and user experience expertise, the programme is innovating around new ways to engage and inform clients, reduce friction and harness data to meet their current and future needs.
Schroders deliver technology change using a SAFe based scaled framework. The Digital Wealth programme is delivered through 3 agile teams (Client Service, Client Engagement and Client Management) based in London and Zurich, that operate within a larger construct of 6 teams aligned to the Wealth domain.
The Digital Wealth Delivery Manager is an experienced, technical Programme Manager, with deep wealth management expertise, who leads agile teams. The successful candidate will exhibit the principles and practices of lean-agile leadership and play a key role in providing technology direction, orchestrating Business collaboration, realising strategy, and overseeing team management, change management, and operations.
The role requires a highly capable wealth management technology professional and effective communicator from the industry who can bring extensive expertise and experience, lead tactical and strategic change across a complex platform, collaborate closely with senior Business and technology stakeholders and also manage operational activities.
- Engaging, supporting and collaborating with Business and technology leaders, product owners and stakeholders.
- Translating the global Digital Wealth Business and technology vision, facilitating the roadmap definition, articulating the solutions and features that ensure the viability of the backlog with close and continuous collaboration with business owners, capability management and stakeholders.
- Providing hands-on expertise in implementing, integrating, operating and customising client management, CRM and portal systems, marketing platforms and digital technologies.
- Developing and executing holistic technology strategy for Digital Wealth aligning with solution and enterprise architecture and technology vision during design and throughout delivery.
- Developing sophisticated solutions for Business process digitalisation, service automation and advanced engagement.
- Providing leadership and vision in evolving the Digital Wealth platform to leverage modern web stack technology, APIs, micro-services, cloud technology, cognitive computing, and big data.
- Leading the integration and interoperation of the Digital Wealth platform across service, engagement and management.
- Managing procurement and Digital Wealth vendors.
- Facing off to a global Product Manager and Owners, providing a framework for transparency and regular updates.
- Interacting and communicating regularly with a large community of Business stakeholders on all Digital Wealth needs.
- Championing global and regional alignment and prioritisation
- Supporting Business ownership activity including helping manage and refining feature backlogs and enabling continuous and aligned delivery.
- Coordinating requirements and gathering SME input, analysing, designing and shaping features and stories for successful delivery.
- Supporting the Business in outbound communication and solution adoption.
- Agile team line management, mentoring, and skill development.
- Contributing as a key member of the Wealth Technology leadership team.
- Collaborating with and integrating shared services such as Production Support, Access Control, Release Management and practices such as QA, Experience Design and Innovation.
- Platform and technical debt management and decision making.
- Working with other agile teams, Technology domains, and external vendors and third parties to ensure successful cooperation and delivery.
- Understanding and advocating secure software development processes, standards & best practices.
- Owning and defining processes and procedures that ensure highly resilient solutions.
- Being accountable for Global Technology policy mandates: eg; capacity, availability, incident management, continuity, access management, architectural governance etc.
- Managing costs and financials.
- Operational risk, audit management and information security.
- Experience as a wealth management IT project manager/product manager/development manager.
- Operational experience implementing successful, resilient and large scale wealth solutions over multi-year periods.
- Team management with experience in managing senior developers and analysts, and globally distributed team members.
- Extensive experience and understanding of agile/lean methodologies for single products and when scaled to multiple agile teams and products.
- Core banking systems eg: Temenos T24
- CRM system implementation and customisation eg: MS Dynamics, Salesforce
- BPM systems eg: Pega, K2
- Enterprise content management systems eg: EPiServer, Sitecore, AEM etc.
- Marketing automation systems eg: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo etc.
- Agile certification. Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Highly effective, pro-active, stakeholder, customer and vendor engagement skills.
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Inspiring, collaborative and agile leadership approach.
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player.
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.