Strategic Commercial Manager
Job Description - Strategic Commercial Manager ()Strategic Commercial Manager
Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximise profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them.
We understand what's at the heart of work - and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe - in more than 160 countries - our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalise, package, analyse and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Purpose of the Role
To lead the commercial & finance work-stream in the bids which involves complex and customized international document outsourcing projects. The typical deal value would be $10M - $200M per contract.
The Strategic Commercial Manager defines the commercial structure of the deal and builds the financial models with multiple scenarios to ensure competitive advantage in meeting customer business needs and ensuring sustainable operations for Xerox. Working together with the Global, European or Country Strategic Deal Capture during the sales campaign, including negotiations on complex outsourcing issues from asset acquisition and other financial implications during the contracting process.
Scope of the Role
Building the commercial strategy and financial case and presenting it to the Customer and Xerox Leadership Team in the bid review (BMPP) forum.
- Provide commercial direction to bid team during the solution-building phase, including preparation of appropriate commercial terms and conditions.
- Develop commercially viable business cases, taking into account the three key areas: customer business needs, future risks and opportunities, internal business requirements.
- Present the business case to Senior Leadership Team to secure the approval and where appropriate presenting to the Global Team to gain support on price or investment decision.
- Participate in customer facing negotiations on all commercial (non-legal) aspects of the contract.
- Transfer commercial leadership to the Service Delivery group upon contract signing
- Continuous development of pricing and business models that meet market needs and deliver competitive advantage
What we are looking for in you:
- Part qualified accountant and or MBA qualified
- Significant experience of industrial accounting, pricing and or financial deal construction
- Proven track record of managing complex/multi-country projects and programmes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills across all levels of management internally and externally
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to develop financial scenarios (using spreadsheet or access database)
- Ability to present new ideas effectively, to assist sales people meeting customer requirements.
- Ability to cope with peak workloads, short deadlines and business pressures
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign and multi-cultural environments
- In depth knowledge of Document Outsourcing