Business Analyst (Equity Lead)
Overall purpose of role
An experienced Business Analyst is required to lead Equities DataWarehouse analysis and requirement gathering activities to meet our strategic objectives
About RFT Tech, Data Fabric, Reporting & Analytics
The Risk & Analytics Equity Technology team is responsible for the delivery of global front-to-back risk management solutions (Atlas Risk) for structured equity derivatives to a variety of functional areas covering the all businesses that trade equity derivatives including EFS, Prime and Credit.
Stakeholders include Front Office, Market Risk, Product Control/Finance, Credit Risk, Operations and Regulatory Entities.
Platform facilitates Intraday risk and P&L management for trading; End of Day Flash; regulatory Risk and P&L downstream; On Demand scenario analysis.
The team is also responsible for building and maintain Data warehouse Applications for Equities (Equities Data Warehouse) and Macro Products (Trade Store) and any reporting (Compliance, Regulatory. MIS, Audit) out of them. IT teams are currently located in New York, London, Hong Kong and Pune
- Own the Analysis of F2B Business Process and Data Requirements for each deliverable
- Understand and influence the definition of F2B Strategy
- Work with RFT PMs and key senior stakeholders to define the scope and approach of projects, establish governance
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all F2B Processes including the IT and Business and Functional Leads
- Create communication materials for multiple levels of stakeholders - Status reporting, providing visibility on status against milestones, and transparency of risks and issues.
- Lead key project meetings, including steering committees and working groups
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Clearly articulate the problem/strategy/vision to all stakeholders and be translate that into a holistic delivery plan and drive the execution of that plan to completion
- In depth Investment Banking Business/Data Analysis experience
- Knowledge of OTC Derivatives and how they work from trade capture down to Back Office.
- Demonstrate experience of delivering within Strategic F2B Programmes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust/credibility
- Strong delivery focus
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience working with SQL and Databases is required for Data analysis
- Broad business, technical data analysis experience
- Understanding of current Banking Industry challenges & regulatory demands
- MS Office, MS Project, Sharepoint
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong familiarity with trade processing, market risk or product control data and activities
- Preferred experience with Agile methodologies
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- Manages to balance structure & best practice versus pragmatism
- Confident, able to communicate and negotiate at all levels
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- A proactive, self-starter, who is can be relied upon to act on initiative
- Can do attitude - willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done
- Challenge status quo; ability to interpret business requirements into a tangible plan and spot inconsistencies.
- Highly developed problem management skills
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholder requirements & demands & successfully negotiate a goal that achieves the best outcome for the Firm
- Strong commercial awareness and thinking