Account Manager (Air) - SC CLEARED
To focus on clients within the Defence Air sector (particularly the MOD/FLCs) to build sustainable relationships to yield significant benefits to the clients and to us.
This involves driving growth in sales and margin across the portfolio of capabilities. As a client manager in the Aerospace & Defence Market you may be asked to work across any of the military domains.
Reporting to an Aerospace & Defence client director, the client manager's specific role responsibilities are:
* Focus on business development and first-class account management to develop strong, long-lasting relationships.
* Understand in detail the client's strategy, organisational design, key points of influence, culture, external drivers and their challenges, risks and opportunities.
* Be recognised as the key relationship holder with our MOD air clients; providing knowledge, resources and being the natural point of contact for issues and opportunities.
* Support the Client Director in developing strategic partnerships and encouraging our client to contribute to clients' successes.
* Coordinate the resources that engage with the client.
* Create and coordinate a virtual team of client leads from other Divisions.
* Initiate a client stakeholder plan connecting us and the client at all relevant levels.
* Support the development of business plans by client in line with the overall market objectives.
* Develop growth opportunities outside the current projects, and seeking cross selling opportunities.
* Be an ambassador for ou8r client by leveraging opportunities at conferences and events to build greater awareness.
* Identify client drivers and needs to prioritise proposition and solution development, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues.
* Support the overall client experience working to position our client as a leading, innovative and responsive supplier.
* In-depth understanding of the defence air market and clients.
* Able to demonstrate experience of building effective networks both internally and external to the organisation.
* Able to demonstrate experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value to the client's agenda.
* Excellent communication skills and stakeholder engagement.
* Able to build and develop new relationships with clients and partners and established professional collaborations.
* Strong presenting, negotiating and influencing skills.
* Experience of key account management.
* A pro-active decision maker with a confident yet diplomatic operating style - someone who deals easily with cultural diversity.
* A commercially and financially astute individual who can work with our engineers to develop competitive price propositions using a variety of commercial models.
* A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator who can influence others using sound judgement and good sense - a natural team player.
* Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a target-driven environment.
* Someone who consistently achieves and often over-delivers their targets.
* Ex-RAF engineer or aircrew with good technical background, Squadron Leader or Wing Commander.
* Background in safety, airworthiness, ideally with TAA responsibility.
* Recent experience in DE&S air systems delivery team.
* Knows way around, and is known in, Abbey Wood and Air Command - has a good network within these organizations.
* BD experience not necessary but must have appropriate personal qualities/skills.
* Background in the forces
* Maintenance of aircraft background
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.