Software Architect to be responsible for providing support and direction relative to software development. The Software Development Architect takes an active role in evaluating and implementing software solutions required by the Business. As the senior software expert within the team there will also be a requirement to manage the day to day activities of the programmer and tester.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Architect feasible software solutions to complex technical problems.
- Flesh out software designs in sufficient detail.
- Delegate development tasks to software developers.
- Lead and manage the software team.
- Plan and budget software developments.
- Support the creation of a development roadmap.
- Collaborate with the European businesses to define the, scope, impact, and needs.
- Help to define and establish design constraints and specifications.
- Support software and systems-level testing through the development of test tools and interfaces.
- Create and review technical documentation, literature, and collateral. Technical documentation includes, but is not limited to, design documentation, manuals, and engineering data.
- During the early phases of team establishment the capability to support the software coding.
- Capable of translating complex IT solutions into easily understandable simple contextual explanations
- Understanding of the complexities of working on projects with multiple stake holders
- The ability to support the technical establishment of this new team
- Support the recruitment of the future team members
- Co-coordinating and collaborating with the European IT infrastructure and business support teams
- Develop a detailed understanding of the existing IT infrastructure.
The non-essential functions of the position include:
- Experience of implementing projects across multiple countries and languages.
Education/Experience/Training: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage software and firmware teams.
- 5 years of development, testing, and management experience related to software.
- Degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, or similar technical field (or commensurate additional experience (5 years) in software development
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills; analytical approach to problem solving;team oriented, self-motivated; works hands-on;
- Experience with building automation and protocols, including mobile, desktop, and web-based platforms.
- Proficient in programming and controls languages and in hardware and software problem identification and resolution.
- There will be a requirement to travel between European offices for project meetings
- Occasional International travel