Quality Manager - Aerospace Programmes
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Quality Manager - Programmes to act as Quality authority throughout the Product Development Cycle with key responsibility to ensure quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
Cobham's business is built on the assurance of Quality and building customer confidence in our products. We are growing our Quality team to provide leadership into key areas of Customer Programmes and Design Assurance. Cobham is investing in a 50% increase of our team from 30 to 45 staff to strengthen our business and help to deliver Quality products on-time. The Quality Department is core in working across all functions to improve our process through corrective and preventive means.As Quality Manager - Programmes your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA/PFMEA.
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
- Determination and generation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls
- Ensure Quality Management System adherence to EN9100, EASA Part 21(G) and Part 145 throughout the Product Development Lifecycle
- Ensure implementation of robust change control and configuration management process
- Manage and host Product Development auditing activities
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Conduct required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.