Conflicts Framework Manager
Conflicts Framework Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As part of Global Risk, Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC's regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Regulatory Compliance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Supporting with the overarching governance of conflicts of interest across the firm, including helping drive the maintenance of the Group Conflicts of Interest Framework and the underlying conflicts registers.
- Coordinating and liaising with equivalent counterparts in regional Compliance teams to ensure a consistent, best practice and 'joined-up' approach for applying the Conflict Management Framework.
- Operating the process for co-ordinating and aggregating conflicts Management Information (MI) across the Group, and supporting the reporting of this information up to the Management Body.
- Providing regulatory advice and guidance on conflicts of interest, both via CMO line management and directly to business lines and business line RC teams.
- Understanding HSBC values and standards and applying these as part of daily responsibilities.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience of working in the global financial services industry is required.
- Experienced with operating in a global regulatory environment.
- Understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of the Regulatory Compliance function.
- Highly experienced in dealing with stakeholders across the three lines of defence.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and/or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Strong written communication skills demonstrated by a history of writing reports, policies and other such documentation.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AEUN.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.