Data Acquisition Manager
Data Acquisition Manager
3 month contract
Umbrella: GBP174.94 PAYE: GBP140
Advantage resourcing is recruiting for a data Acquisition Manager on behalf of a major government organization. The role is based in Bristol and will be on a three month contract. The Data Acquisition Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient collection of a wide range of data to support the organizations regulatory work. The role is in scope of IR35.
- Develop and maintain a well-rounded and effective view of the data available from
a wide variety of sources, the relationships between different data, their quality and
limitations on use.
- Negotiate the terms of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with data suppliers,
ensuring a positive balance between Ofsted's needs and those of the data supplier.
Ensure that data transfer mechanisms are clearly specified and fit for purpose
- Proactively manage relationships with data suppliers, analysts and system
managers to ensure effective information sharing and co-operation.
- Monitor the supply of data to Ofsted and effectively resolve issues in timeliness,
data quality or fitness for purpose. Ensure a clear view of what is expected, by
when, is available at all times.
- Specify requirements and test changes to technical interfaces, which allow efficient
and effective interchange of data between systems and organsiations.
- Advise on the changes that are necessary to Ofsted's administrative data systems
to ensure that the data they contain may be used effectively to support analysis
- To provide proactive, positive and effective line management of a team of staff.
Manage flexible deployment within the team, to ensure an efficient and effective
service to customers and a well-motivated team.
For this role we are looking for candidates with skills in the following:
- A sound practical understanding of databases, data structures, data types and data exchange methods. (Essential)
- Experience of handling large datasets effectively, including appropriate management of confidential information and effective movement of data between systems and
- Experience of gaining a secure understanding of complex new data sources quickly and effectively. Experience of assessing and reporting on data quality. (Essential)
- Experience of effective negotiation with service suppliers and the development of strong working relationships. (Essential)
- Experience of effective management of the provision of services by third-parties, where delivery relies upon the development of strong relationships and persusasion as much as firm comittments. (Desirable)
- Experience of effective, flexible team management, delivering a high quality service in a fast-paced environment. (Desirable)
- Ability to manage conflicting interests, reconciling different priorities, achieving cooperation and building relationships
To apply or discus the above opportunity further please contact Sam Shabir at Advantage Resourcing.Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.